Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Last Train to Wordsville

They’ve been clicking down the tracks lately, those errant words that sometimes escape into the woods when I’m walking the pooch before I find time to commit them to paper or computer screen. Some of them are even worthy of keeping around for awhile. Most of them even turn into complete sentences, with coherent meaning found at the end of a paragraph. So maybe I haven’t totally lost it yet. Maybe that special poem is still locked inside my head just waiting for the proper time to make itself known. Perhaps the short story that spilled from my fingertips the other day when I opened my laptop while lounging on the deck in the woods will turn into something that does not generate a rejection letter. It’s even possible one of the novels festering on the shelf will rear its head and demand a rewrite.

I’m riding the crazy writing train again, words flying in and out of my head, and I’m catching some that matter now and then. What more can we ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment