Friday, February 26, 2010

Happiness is a Warm Sun

Sunshine is dancing through my windows today, hardly enough to melt the eighteen inches or so of snow dropped on us last night, but sunshine anyway. I crave its warmth as some crave the melting of Godiva chocolate on their tongue. When the snow is piled higher than my knee caps, I usually have to get books about pioneer women out of the library in order to realize that I don't have it all that bad.



But my words freeze. My bones bleed ice. My fingers are numb to type well from too much shoveling, from walking the dog (who can never catch enough snowballs, ever) . All I want to do is crawl under the covers and not come out until the sun shines.



And today it shines...brightly. May the warmth of this winter sun melt away the snowbanks in the neighborhood and AND the word freeze in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment